Writing A Narrative APA Format
Are you working through the process of writing a narrative paper in APA format? This can be a difficult challenge if this is the first time that you have ever had to write a paper in this particular format. There are very specific guidelines to writing narrative essays and also writing in APA format. Therefore, you will have to familiarize yourself with both sets of guidelines in order to properly present your information to your teacher or professor. For starters there are very unique rules to writing in APA format. Some of the most important elements of writing in APA format include:
- Your essay should be typed
- The paper should be printed on 8.5 X 11 paper
- You should have 1 inch margins
- Write in Times New Roman
- Font should be 12 point
- There should be a page header/ running head
- Do not forget the title page, abstract, main body, and the references
These are just a few of the most important elements of APA format.
When it comes to writing a narrative, there are other guidelines that you will be expected to adhere to. Some of the most important elements of writing a narrative essay include:
- You will need to make sure that you are presenting a story in your essay
- There will need to be characters who are referenced in your essay
- There will have to be a beginning, middle, and end
- There will be expected to be a climax in the story
- You will have to resolve the problem in the story
These are just a few of the most important elements of a narrative essay.
When writing a narrative essay, you will be expected to present a story that follows a logical format to get from the beginning to the end while having a climax and resolving a problem. The reader will be taken on a journey where he or she will understand what is happening in the story that follows a set of characters through a traditional story sequence. When writing in APA format, there is little room to be flexible and creative with the formatting of the essay. Therefore, you will need to use creative word choice in order to get your points across. This way you will be able to adhere to the format guidelines and also tell an interesting narrative story at the same time. This will make the story easy to read as far as your audience goes, and simple to follow.